If you’ve been in the job market lately, you’re apt to have experienced a lack of active jobs. With the unemployment rate so low, companies are holding on tight to good people and, at this time of year, it’s a bit quiet. Time to dig into your toolbox for some new ideas!
Here are a few tips I hope you find useful:
- Make sure you are on LinkedIn and update your profile with keywords related to your current experience and areas in which you want to work.
- Join LinkedIn groups in your area of focus. This will give you more exposure and potential hiring managers a better chance of finding you.
- Update that resume. This is a great article on how to make your resume stand out in the crowd.
- Think about businesses that would react positively to your resume as it pertains to a competitor you respect (assuming you are not bound by a non-compete) and other businesses in your area of clinical focus. Reach out directly to someone in a hiring position (usually Director or VP) and introduce yourself.
- And lastly, use your network. Advise your connections/friends that you are actively looking for a new career and hoping to connect for a discussion.
Hope this helps. Remember, looking for a job is work and you are the product. Go sell yourself!